About Me

My photo
I am 19 years old now. It seems like time is going fast, and I am not always sure how to handle it! I started college August 2014. I am studying psychology at North Central University, meeting new people, and drawing closer to God with each step I take. Life is not a destination, it is a long journey. I am excited to see what God has in store for my life, and I hope you will join me as I find out!

Monday, October 6, 2014

The Fog

I feel as though I am walking around in a fog. Just a haze that covers my life. I honestly don't know how much of this is physical/emotional. I keep reminding myself to stay in the moment, to focus. I don't know what else to do. I just have to survive. I found out my official grade in one of my classes today... it is an A+! Pretty good. Now, that might be the only one I am doing that well in, but it makes a difference. I think it was a huge relief. It is one of the classes that I can't really check my grade online, so I just had to do my best, and hope it was good enough. Obviously, it was. Now, my other classes might be a different story! They might not be as bad, but they are definitely not as good as an A+. That's okay though, as long as I can keep my GPA up, I am good.
I overslept this morning. Like, by an entire hour and a half. I set my alarm time last night, but I forgot to actually turn my alarm ON. Things like that help right? Anyway, I woke up to the sound of my roommates alarm, wondered what day it was, and then realized I didn't have time to get to my first class. SO, I go to my second class. And, I do my best for it not to happen again. I have a research paper due in that class on Friday. I am writing about human trafficking in the United States today, and how much it has grown over the years. Pretty heavy stuff. The only problem is I can't seem to figure out how to put all of the information that I have gathered from my research into a cohesive paper. I have got to figure that out.
I have a test tomorrow. Old Testament History and Literature. I have been studying. Not sure if it's going to help though. It feels like the information is bouncing up against a brick wall. In one side of my brain, and out the other. I mean seriously, how am I supposed to remember all of this? I know some things, like TaNaK is an acronym for Torah, Nevi'im, and Ketuvim. I know that one of those is the Law, but I don't remember which. I know that the other two are other classifications of the old testament. I know that the canon is considered to be the books that are looked upon as scripture, and I know that there are 66 books in the Canon (aka, the Bible). I think, there are 37 books in the old testament, and 29 in the new, but I am not entirely sure. That's about it.... Wait! I also know that there are 7-14 parts that some consider scripture but are not included in the bible. Now, that is all I know. I guess I will see how I do. Study a little more tonight, and then go to bed because I know that staying up won't help anything.
I have been trying to cut out caffeine. I think it makes me more anxious. I have gotten up to two days, and my goal is three now. I think I might be able to make it even longer than that though, we will just have to see. I guess that's it.

Toodles!

No comments: