About Me

My photo
I am 19 years old now. It seems like time is going fast, and I am not always sure how to handle it! I started college August 2014. I am studying psychology at North Central University, meeting new people, and drawing closer to God with each step I take. Life is not a destination, it is a long journey. I am excited to see what God has in store for my life, and I hope you will join me as I find out!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Happy Hearts

My heart is happy today! I am pretty sure if I asked any of my family, they would say the same thing too. I have spent the day just enjoying their presence. I slept late, I played with kids, I held a sleeping baby. I smiled and laughed. I am really enjoying these moments that I have at home. Busy Bee was excitable the entire day. Showing me everything, inviting me to play, and best of all, asking for huggles. Doc had school to do, and I had the opportunity to work on spelling. She has a test tomorrow, and we made sure that she had spelled the words all correctly before we quit. Reminders that no matter how well she does, she is still smart. Lots and Lots of questions about college. Do you play games? Are you doing good? Through my experience, I am able to remind her that even if she doesn't do well, she is still smart. Using her own logic to remind her. She thinks I am super smart. I know she looks up to me. When she said she wasn't smart because of not doing well in spelling and math, I reminded her that I didn't get any words right in the spelling bee, or that I failed my first math test. She thinks I am still smart after that, so what makes her any different. Speaking positivity into her brain. Becoming Aunt Miracle. Hearing them call mom Grandma. Or sitting in the dark with little bit finally asleep and feeling her breathing against my chest. Little things that made my day great every moment. I will cherish these moments for a while. Lastly, we are listening to Spanish songs as we are trying to calm Busy Bee down for bed! These include El Pollito Pio, and Un ElefanteMade me smile!

Toodles!

No comments: