About Me

My photo
I am 19 years old now. It seems like time is going fast, and I am not always sure how to handle it! I started college August 2014. I am studying psychology at North Central University, meeting new people, and drawing closer to God with each step I take. Life is not a destination, it is a long journey. I am excited to see what God has in store for my life, and I hope you will join me as I find out!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fine Arts Begins

OK, so we have been preparing for our local fine arts festival since about January. I entered nine things this year. NINE!!! That' s a lot, but considering their goal is to help teens discover,
develop, and deploy their gifts, I think that's OK. Anybody curious what I entered? Here goes...


Visual Art 3-D. 
I made the heart out of paper mache. The chain represent how we are with sin, we must be set free, and God is the only one that can do that.


Visual Art 2-D. 
Yes, the girl is actually cutting. I wanted to show that no matter how bad you are hurting, God can heal you, He can help you get through it. 


T-Shirt Design. 
I love this. I also love that I can now wear a T-shirt that I designed.

I illustrated a Children's book that my sister wrote. 
Yes, the illustrations are actually done in construction paper shapes! It was hard, but in the end I liked the end result. 


Digital Photography. 
This picture was taken after a long day of doctors appointments. Angelica had just had an echo, because we were just figuring out that something was wrong with her, and they thought it was the heart. We came home to a beautiful sunset, and I climbed the tree. We were all worshiping God, in awe of His wonder and knowing that whatever happens, God will take care of us.  


This was my short sermon. 
The theme this year was relentless.


Our troupe dance. 
We danced to "Orphan" by Rachel Scott



My solo dance. 
I danced to "Beautiful, beautiful," by Francesca Battistelli. I love the dress!



And, last but not least, my human video.
Viewer discretion is advised. Parents may want to watch this before letting their children see it. For those of you who don't know, a human video is effectively a drama to lyrics. You must mouth the majority of the words, and you can make no sound.  



So, it being after the festival, I can tell you that two of the things got to Nationals.  I will post later about what made it.  For now, you can enjoy pictures and video's of my performances. 

No comments: